Monday, December 26, 2011

Chase Your Dreams But Always Know The Road That'll Lead You Home Again

So coming home to the east coast for the first time in a year reminds me of a few important things that I realize that I should never forget and essential to live a happy and honest life. It is so important for us to stay in touch with our roots.  


Remember to ALWAYS forgive, no matter what. You don't forgive people with a partially clenched fist, but  release all need to control what that person does, leave your defenses down. Even If the person does the same thing. If it happens again, forgive again and again, and again . Forgiveness does not mean you are weak, but  saying yes to understanding the imperfectness of the human condition. ( Note: Do not apply this concept to ex-lovers you hope to get back with. On the battlefield of romance forgive with boundaries here)

Give more than you take. We can enjoy rich relationships when we focus more on giving. I'm not talking about materially, but things like care and time. Don't be afraid to give, it doesn't matter whether or not we get something back, that's not the point. There is something about giving that makes us alive. When we become so focus on ourselves  there is always a part of us that feels deaden. However, in order to be good giver we also have to remember to take care of ourselves. It is a balance between taking care of ourselves and then extending ourselves to others . When we take care of our basic needs, we can lean into others needs. 


Last  and certainly not least stick to your beliefs and values no matter what the world says.
It is crazy how over the last year God has really given me a voice. I know what to say, and i know the right choices to make in order to keep myself from falling off track. I am proud to be a believer, and i no longer hide it but wear it on my sleeve. I ask God often these days about the things that i need to change so that i can be true to the Woman he has called me to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket