Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Journey



Told me I was too young to know
Anything about life. 
Made dreams out of fears. 
Can't separate me from the call.
While you were hollow of heart 
I ran within.   

Words were harsh
Stoned to the ground 
Abandoned to need.
But I crawled from the rubble  
Back to where i belong.
Plane ride calling me home


Tell me now what didn't happen then
Revelation parts  all the lies
Long paths walked alone 
Waiting on an end with cheeks that stain
Dark night of the soul cries.  
Come and find me in the rain.

Seasons make it beautiful
I learned to cry  before i could fly
Beat of my soul that made me whole 
You keep me from lonely.  

Sun blazing on the parts I lost  
Hold it in the light now
Love  sings solemnly
Knowing you had an equal cost.
But I pray still that you are my only
I die to myself so i can live again 
Child set free by words that mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket