Sunday, June 10, 2012

Crusades of a Nomad

Originally I had named my blog Crusades of a Nomad, because I found it very fitting for what inspires my writing, travel. After high school I moved and I moved ( Boston, Stamford, Honolulu) and I never looked back. But for the first time now I feel like I have found a home in San Diego.  I was searching and now I found a place where my heart has settled. It has been a little over a year since I've moved to Cali and my life has been flooded with amazing people and beautiful experiences. California really is a place that I believe dreams can come true. 
      But i'm on the road again now and it reminds me of my days of frequent travel. Travel teaches you so much about yourself, and about people. Every now and again i just feel like I need to get away, to clear my head when life is chaos, or to experience something new. In every new place I go, I always learn something new. So here I am .. Tucson, AZ. What have I learned so far? That i'm hella lucky to live in Cali. There not much going on here compared to SD, but it's only been a week so i'm giving it a chance. But it's desert town in the summer and ppl flee the heat, maybe i'm just here in the wrong season. I consider the fact that my gifting is mining the gold out of people,but now I realize its also mining the gold out of places. And sometimes just as any gift, as bittersweet as life goes, can get us into trouble if we don't learn how to use it wisely. Searching for the GOLD here both in Tucson and in people. I've met a few really great people so far, but in a general sense, zonies aren't that friendly and not many people are willing to entertain my out-going personality and sense of humor. Sometimes im scratching to get a smile out of ppl when I talk to them, what's with that? Maybe people are just pissed cause it's so dang hott out here. Oh yeah, and speaking of, there are definitely some hick-like areas/ people out here. No offense Arizona! One of the best parts about this trip so far is this alone time with myself and God.  I feel peaceful because I can slow down and appreciate things around me, I felt so rushed the last month in Cali. That's all for now! 




:) Drea Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket