Saturday, November 5, 2011

Am i still the same?


There are times in our life where we try so hard to deal with life on our own terms that we cause more damage than anything else.  Why? We stop trusting God a blame him for the hard times in life .  We believe in a lie. One day we wake up and realize the things we have done. You  wonder if that girl that you once were is lost forever .. did the real you die in the process of coping with life? Sometimes we aren't very kind to ourselves, we harm the real us by pretending and muffling out our true inner voice.  After all this i have to ask the question am i still the same somewhere underneath? How does God see me? God's love is greater than the love we can offer ourselves. I wrote this poem.


Am i still the same?

My season of reflection
I was in need of correction
When i woke , i woke in pieces
To the debris i had made

Lead me through a time of change
I want to know that i can still lead a legacy
Say there's still honor after all the shame
Breathe your life back into me
Cause i've killed myself pushing you away
 
Cause i've been hearing but not listening
Holding on to nothing in the rain
Tell me you still see me
All the good things are still there
Before i fell



Out of breath now
Help me  to stand tall again.
I knew so much
I fell so hard
I need to open to heal
Well this is alot to feel
But everybody regrets

Your love
Greater than a heart that condems
I've turned against myself
Make me a friend again
Speaking up for the voice within
So young, innocent, lost my  voice long ago

Make me a friend again
Show me a love unchanged
Through all the cracks and pieces
Make me a friend again to myself
The real enemy is not my name


I wanted to speak but the world gave me pain
I forgot again , forgot again
help me to remember the voice, 

Please tell me am i still the same? 
I need a love unchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket