Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Empty Coffee Cup



The coffee cup is empty after a good long conversation with a friend. It’s time for Sarah to go home to Temecula. I don’t like  goodbyes. We went to the living room today for her last day in SD. I can laugh so hard with this girl and yet have deep meaningful conversation aswell. She radiates a joy that is infectious to those around her and is sensitive the humanness within others. Good friends are hard to come by and I know that I have found a true friend in her. Someone once told me something so true about people… “ You judge people based on the hard times, not the good.” Who will be there when it really counts and the going gets rough. When you are really struggling your real friends with be there to encourage you, not criticize you when you are feeling down. You can cry together, not alone because they know how what your going through feels. Thank you Sarah for being there through the stress, the highs and lows, you really helped me see the good through the valleys of life. Without friends I think I would not have made it this far. I hope we can be life long friends! I believe that friends really are Gods gift, I keep them close to my heart and I treasure them so much. Maybe its because there have been seasons in my life where i haven't had a good friend to be there. Those were the hardest of times of all. Every place that I have traveled on my journey friends have become like family. There are many people who will come into our lives and hurt us, we change, wrestle with lies, and  forget who we are sometimes in attempt to get the pieces back. But a real friend will remind us of who we are when we lose sight of it. :)

1 comment:

Photobucket