Friday, February 22, 2013

As long as we breathe
A chance to make it right.
Breaking free from prejudice
and the cost of glances that cast me out
Religion an Idol that stole my name.
Mercy covers me despite the fame
Denial leaves me on the floor again
Promises that covenant can't lose.
And how can we trust what we feel
In a world which teaches us shame.
Love was intended to heal
the things that break us
are the things that make us
wielded in fire
A hinge , a tool
to break injustice into peace.
Abandoned in this place of forgiveness and grace.
The ministry of reconciliation advanced on Earth
Sacrifice my needing to honor the King above.
In a time of judgment and war.
Faith springs forth justice.
A place at the mercy seat.
In the pit I find my maker's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket