Monday, May 30, 2011

Modeling and self-awareness

Modeling for me has had such a positive impact both on my self esteem and self- expression. It has taught me i don't need to be a rail to be beautiful that i can be just as beautiful as the girls in the magazines as along as i believe in my beauty and love myself as i am. I noticed that the way i perceive myself affects my performance. At the beginning of my first photoshoot, i asked alot of questions about how other models were that she worked with. I was nervous i was too much of an amateur or not as petite as other models. Self=fulfilling prophesy. The photographer told me at the end of the shoot that i did a great job, but that at the beginning of the shoot it seemed like something was wrong, that something was going on with me. As we progressed, i gained confidence in  my ability and I took better photos. The way we percieve ourselves affects how we act and our capacities. Comparing yourself to others will get you no where! Also, i have come to understand through seeing the passion from other photographers that modeling/photography is really an art where one can express something very powerful that comes from within. I am passionate about my new hobby and excited to see where it takes me! I have found a new healthy outlet which allows me to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket